Just like a business, many churches use technology to do their job more effectively. One of the best things that can invest in is a good piece of church financial software.
The real question is, what would look like?
Here are a few things you can look for in a good church financial software:
– Easy to use. You want your it to be easy to use, right? Nobody wants to spend hours and hours just learning how to use something when they first get it! There are a lot of great programs out there that are very simple to use but also do their job well. Find one of those and you're golden.
– Very flexible. Most of the really good pieces of church financial software are flexible in what they can do. They can print different financial forms, handle taxes, keep track of tithes, handle the church's payroll – everything!
– One stand-alone package. You probably already know this, but a crucial aspect to look for is that the software can do its job all by itself. No need for additional software or upgrades to do what you want it to do.
– Price. In today's economy, you have to be concerned about the price! Luckily, church financial software does not have to be expensive. You can pick up a great piece of software for about $ 300, and can probably find really good deals if you look hard enough!
– Can you use a business software? Many churches will use the same software that small businesses use. Although this will not have all of the same features as church financial software, it will likely have additional features and more customer support if you ever need it.
– Online reviews. One of the best things you can do to select church financial software is to look at a few reviews online. What do other users have to say? What do unbiased users have to say? With so many review sites on the internet now, it's easy to find out what people like and do not like!
In conclusion, there are a number of things to look for in your church financial software. Remember that a lower price does not always mean lower quality, but often that is the case. Also remember that you want something that's complete, flexible, and easy to use.