A website is a fundamental marketing instrument for a successful business. Neverheless, your business may include creating a business exposure, brand knowledge, seeking out volunteers or even selling items such as widgets.
How do I opt for a website design? How do I go about while opting for a website? What steps do I follow?
Your first step will be to figure out as to how you go about getting a website of your own if you would want a domain name with.com, .net, .inc, etc
How do you choose the right web developer and designer? Your huge list of choice includes freelancers, free online templates and consultants from agencies. However, the most important thing here will be to have a preset mind about your company's goals and business objectives.
Your first step towards determining your company's mission and vision includes formulating the goals in particular describing:
- Who will be your customer?
- How will your customers be aware of your website's existence?
- What will be your customer's role once he is on your website?
- What steps would be involved when the site is updated?
- What is your deadline?
- What type of ROI (Return on Investment) are you expecting from this website?
- How is the ROI measured?
Key points to be considered while searching for a web design company:
- Do you find the match point or an agreement between your interests and the portfolio of the web design company? Do they display an assortment in your work environment ranging from conventional or humorous? What is the ease of access of the sites displayed in the company's portfolio? Is there any outdated links, design problems or bugs to be fixed?
- Is the web design company working along with a similar set of clients similar to you? Has the company in the past designed a site that had the similar range of functions and expectation for any other client in the same industry similar to yours?
Now, once you narrow down our options to a list of web design companies that seem to match your requirement your next step would be to contact them to get clarity on few more details such as:
- What sort of response did you receive for your query? Was there too much time involved? How long did the company take to respond back to your query? Was the company helpful? Did the web design company do a research about your company and its requirements? Ensure not to go by discussions followed by designs or long talks; rather try connecting as to how the company will ensure customer's will locate your site or how will your website generate more leads?
- What assurance do they provide with for their work and products? What sort of assistance is accessible? Is there a methodical test procedure in place? What are the conditions stated in the contract while signing up? Who is the final owner of the source code, IP (Intellectual Property) and designs?
Once you are through with your list of questions, you may narrow down your list further with the web design companies that match your requirement. Prepare a few proposals, review them carefully and verify references. Try reaching out to few of the company's past and current clients and inquire about the following:
- Was your goals and goals met by the web design company?
- Was there a follow-up from the web design company's side even after the website went live or did the company just leave or did they offer maintenance of the website?
- How happy or satisfied are you with the web design?
- How is the functionality of the website?
- What is the response received from your customers with respect to the functionality and design of the website?
- Is the ROI (Return on Investment) met, as expected?
Do take more time to ask the correct questions in order to insure yourself that you are choosing the right web designing company. Ensure to conduct a thorough reference check before the sign-up. Always opt for a web design company that believes in exceeding your business requirements and in the end becomes your most trustworthy consultant.